Monday, Feb 4, 2013, Honeymoon Island, FL


We headed out early (9:30) for Honeymoon Island. It is a Florida state park with a lot of hiking trails. Turned out it had a dog beach with a few friendly shorebirds.








The island had a "birds of prey" trail where we could see a lot of Ospreys building their nests. Along with the Ospreys, we saw some Great Horned Owls, (momma and babies) and a Bald Eagle nest (eagle not home).  






Joani got "up close and personal" with a tortoise (about 15" shell) and an armadillo. Both were surprisingly quick when they were startled.  





I tried shooting pictures in "raw" format - now I just need some software to manipulate them to make some world class National Geographic pictures! I have resolved to always have my telephoto lens and binoculars with me when we go hiking from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment