Friday, Apr 19 through Thursday, Apr 25, 2013, Week three of the floor renovation, Cumming, GA


Week three of the floor renovation:

Had folks over on Friday, so no work on the coach.  





Saturday's excuse for no work on the coach was simply - we were tired of working on it - so we took the day off!  

Sunday we made sure the sub-floor was fitting exactly as we wanted and attached it with screws. Wanting to make sure it didn't shift as we travel, we used two pounds of 3/4 inch fine thread screws. I don't know how many that was, but I don't think there are many places that don't have a screw every 6 inches. It certainly felt solid. Joani worked for a few days making sure the screws were flush and any gaps were filled.  

I spent time on basement organization. I rationalized that since I had never used them I would not miss the Joey beds. Removing them easily reduced the coach load by 250 pounds and it gave me the clearance to store my telescope in the basement. With all of the additional cargo I loaded, I am sure I probably have a net increase in weight, but we have a lot more of our "stuff" with us.  

We watched a you-tube video by the RVGeeks on replacing fluorescent lamps with LEDs. It was very straightforward, so Joani ordered LEDs on a roll and we tried it.  




It worked out extremely well and was much cheaper than I had expected. Clearly, I was side-tracked from the flooring project, but it's all good stuff to get done.



Rain on Wednesday delayed us a bit so the primer was not finished until Thursday bringing to a close week three of our little project.

No comments:

Post a Comment