Monday, February 2, 2015


We spent nearly a week working on little things around the coach while at Sundance 1 RV Resort in Casa Grande, AZ. I had generated quite a long to-do list. We also made a trip to Phoenix for shopping during the 48 solid hours of rain. I am absolutely not complaining about the rain - it makes us appreciate how lucky we have been with the weather over the past two years. We are looking forward to a desert full of blooming wildflowers in the next month.

 Sundance 1 had a remote control car track.

 The car owner was letting newbies have fun with his $360 toy. I think he started to doubt the wisdom of his generosity.

 Future NASCAR fan.

 Mike and Cindy trained Jake to announce the arrival of neighborhood dogs so Mike could bring them a treat. Sam looked forward to his visits every day.

 This retention pond was fleeting evidence of the previous day's rain. It returned to a dry dirt bed within a couple days.

 My research says this is a Peruvian Apple Cactus bearing fruit. It is the size of a small Nerf football.

So many Canadians flee the cold winter months and stay in Arizona. The Canadian flag is a common (and welcome) sight.

OK, so this was with a discount at Fry's (aka, Kroger in this part of the country) but I could have gotten the same gas for 7 cents less per gallon a few days earlier. It sure was nice to fill the tank for less than $12! 


Sundance 1 RV Resort had a lot of organized activities throughout the week. The "Jam Sessions" drew quite a crowd on Monday nights. There was a lot of musical talent among residence which was evident by the well-attended jam sessions.


I opted for a little ping pong. It had been at least five years since I had a paddle in my hand and I was the least experienced player at the tables but it was a lot of fun. I worked up a sweat and moved and stretched more than I thought possible. Looking forward to some aching muscles in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment