Wednesday, December 28, 2016


I tried to make sure I carried a camera along when Sam took me out for walks around the Escapees Park of the Sierras.  Although the pictures below were taken over several different days I thought I could just lump them together for today.

At the top of the hill, the pole barn was the center of attention for the park's volunteers who gathered each morning to divvy up maintenance tasks for the day.






Inside was a nicely provisioned workshop including a large metalworking lathe.


Off to the side, I saw something that looked pretty familiar - I had the exact same model bandsaw in my workshop.  It is now being put to good use in our son's workshop in Georgia.

This was the first tool David bought me after we were married.

The acorn woodpeckers were something else to watch.  They bored holes in anything wood and stuffed acorns in the holes for later.  This telephone pole has obviously been around a few years.


I sat on this bench a few times to enjoy the view and Sam decided that we should sit here every day - who was I to argue - unless it was raining.



Some people make improvements to their site and this was one of my favorites.  I loved the stonework walls all around and the rails and patio spaces.  I was also a bit partial to the owners 1998 American Eagle.  Unfortunately, the owner, Dennis, was out so I did not get to see the improvements he had made inside his coach.



Near the community center, volunteers had installed a very nice cascading pond that provided a nice relaxing place for reflection.



I loved the minimalist carving that turned random driftwood into a flock of ducks.



The restored stagecoach hearkened back to the mid-1800's when the stage line traveled a route adjacent to the park property.



The balanced rock was just uphill from the nice dog park.  I was told they did not discover it on the property until they were clearing the area for fencing around the dog run.



I guess the flowers blooming in December indicate just how mild the weather is in the central California foothills.



No comments:

Post a Comment