Monday, April 24, 2017, Norman, K7VF


I was walking Sam along the road outside of our campground, Krazy K RV Park in Camp Verde, AZ, and admiring the massive HAM radio tower in someone's yard.  That "someone" was at his mailbox as we passed, so we started talking.  Norman, a long time HAM, was happy to help a newbie with questions.  I noticed the company logo on his shirt and learned he worked 31 years for the same company that relocated our daughter and son-in-law to Oregon.  He had been retired for 17 years, so of course, they never met.  But still, what are the chances?


Norm's antenna had a few issues that needed attention and I volunteered to help.  I had no actual antenna experience, but I hoped I could provide some muscle and maybe learn a little in the process.



I'm happy we are spending a month here - I have so much to learn and Norman seems happy to help me develop my new found hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment