Monday, September 25, 2017, Coach Woodworking Project


The Corp of Engineers' Sawnee Campground on Lake Lanier near Cumming, GA, north of Atlanta was the closest campground to Alpharetta, Georgia, the town where our son, Jon, and daughter-in-law, Sara, live.

We volunteered for a few chores at their house and while I had some familiar tools available (now in Jon and Sara's garage) I tackled a project I had been thinking about for some time. The motorhome water heater access left dead space that was begging for a little modification. Instead of a simple panel, I crafted a shallow cabinet insert. This will be a great place to stow a few miscellaneous vitamin bottles and things.


I used the water heater's "minimum to surrounding woodwork" clearance as the distance to the back of the new cabinet.



Even with lots of extra measuring, it was just a bit tight requiring some trimming for the perfect fit.



I was able to use the original panel as the cabinet back and after Joani stains the new wood to match, it will look like it was always meant to be there! As before, access to the water heater still just requires the removal of four screws - easy peezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment