Thursday, July 4, 2019, Move to Lake of the Ozarks, Brumley, MO


I've heard a lot of people travel on the 4th of July so it might seem a little crazy that we moved today but I think most of those travelers were in planes or on major highways. On the back roads of Missouri, we encountered very little traffic on our 150.6 mile (94,396.1 total) drive to Lake of the Ozarks State Park near Osage Beach, MO.

Our site was nice and shady. It ran downhill from the front which is not the best for leveling but we managed pretty well. What was most disconcerting was no water or sewer hookups and our reservations were for the next 15 days. We have managed in the past and there were nearby showers so we will just have to see how well we can conserve water.



Walking Sam through the plentiful grass throughout the park I noticed the telltale evidence of deer in the area. Sure enough, it was not long before we saw them in groups of three or four. They were cautious but still happy enough to graze while we watched from afar.



The mug below quickly came to mind when we saw what one fifth wheeler had to go through to level his rig. I'll try not to ever complain about having a slightly un-level site again.

David's mom gave this mug to us when we started full-timing. It is the only mug he uses - it makes us laugh when we see it come to life!

I almost wished I could have seen this operation but I'm sure I would have been cringing the entire time. I'm not really sure how I missed it he was parked straight out our front window about a hundred yards away - he must have set up while we were out. I'm not sure how soundly I could sleep precariously perched that way especially if a storm blows through!



I did witness one "near disaster" while walking Sam. A guy unhooked his trailer without chocking the wheels first. As soon as the jack raised the tongue high enough to clear the hitch the trailer started skidding down the sloped site. I was too far away to help but fortunately for him, his quick thinking wife grabbed a large rock and threw it behind a tire of the trailer stopping it before it went into the road. On the other side of the road, it was a steep downhill into the woods. That would have put a damper on their weekend plans for sure. I noticed later after he recovered, he had large rocks behind each of the trailers four wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment