Saturday, August 10, 2019, Tomato Arts Festival, Nashville, TN


My brother, Doug, took me downtown to the Nashville Tomato Arts Festival. We hit the same event a few years ago and I was looking forward to some people watching and some more of that famous Nashville Hot Chicken.


There was a lot of good people watching at the festival but not a single food truck with hot chicken. As it neared noon we headed to Hattie B's where I took the challenge and ordered the "Shut the Cluck Up" chicken, their hottest offering. It did work up an oh so delightful sweat but an ice-cold PBR balanced things out.



Afterward, Doug drove us around Nashville and I must confess there was little I could recognize as the town I grew up near. In my early years, the only tall building on the Nashville skyline was the Life and Casualty Tower. That building was dwarfed by all of the new construction and, in fact, I couldn't even spot it on the skyline below - it must have been behind one of the new towers. At least the Capital building was familiar and visible on the extreme left of the picture.



One of the most recently completed high rise hotels made for this artsy photo. 


The "Bat Tower" loomed behind the old buildings along Broadway.



Nashville had certainly taken on a party atmosphere as tourists flocked to the "Gulch" for food and drink and music. Apparently, this is one of the most popular destinations for bachelorette parties and we saw many open-air party buses filled with young ladies having a good time.




All in all a great day cruising around Nashville - thanks Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment