Thursday, June 12, 2014


There has not been a lot of wildlife here, but there has been quite a variety.  One gopher poked his head out of the ground near the road. We had to hold Sam back as a small colony of prairie dogs tormented him along our walk.  We have heard a pack of coyotes yipping, barking and howling just about every evening.  A couple of woodpeckers have been playing around the tree outside our window and I saw a young hawk.  Of course, the deer are pretty friendly - once again this deer invaded our tranquility.  What nerve!  


I guess it is pretty cute and he doesn't eat much.  I suppose he can visit anytime.


The previous lot owner decorated the place with a collection of birdhouses mounted high on bare logs.  I am not sure if some of them are actual snags or if they all are fallen trees that he set into holes in the ground (most likely), but I like the concept.  Joani caught the moon rising over these two.


I guess we could be described as "crazy", but it has been a long time since we had a chance to do any yard work.  This lot was just screaming for some attention, so Joani and I spent a couple of hours yesterday pulling weeds in the front flower bed.  It was silly to think we could make much of a difference but the neighbors were nice enough to notice and compliment our efforts.  I'm not going to include a picture because you really could not see that we had made any difference (since I had no "before" picture for reference).  

No comments:

Post a Comment