Monday, November 22, 2014


It is difficult to believe we have already been in Mesa, AZ, for a couple of weeks.  Once in a while, I catch myself thinking about how little I have accomplished since we arrived, but then I remember retirement has no rules and sometimes it is good to relax with no particular plans or goals.

Joani discovered there was going to be a large art show/craft fair in Old Town Scottsdale, AZ.  They allowed (I think I can say they even encouraged) pets in the park which made Sam's day.


We didn't see any signs for the event and had to double check that we had the right day.  Old Town Scottsdale was such an interesting place, we found a parking spot and just walked around.  Eventually, we found the show in a really nice park/common area with a lot of wide meandering paved pathways.  The artist's booths probably covered several acres and everywhere there were pools and fountains and artwork and greenery.  It all made you forget you were in the desert.









You can probably imagine the sculpture below was popular for pictures.  I had to wait to get this clear shot, but maybe I should have had people in the picture for scale.  I would estimate this piece was 10 feet high.


There were many talented artists with a lot of beautiful and unique art, but in the end, all we took home was a few used hardback books Joani will use for some of her projects.  Old Town Scottsdale certainly had a lot of charm making it a very pleasant outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment