Tuesday, December 2, 2014


I thought I would post some of the random pictures from around Mesa Spirit RV park since we have yet to really explore the area.  Nearly every morning I have seen a beautiful sunrise.  I should try an HDR shot to capture the range of light.  The compromise below really does not do the sky justice.


There was an FMCA Chapter rally in the park.  One of Sam's walking routes took us through the center of their coaches.  I was curious about this guy's choice of toad.  Jeff said he actually only lived a short distance away and just drove the car over.  He had a collection of restored cars and some of the other rally members wanted to see them, so he brought over a different one each day. 


I think his '36 Plymouth was my favorite!


This sign in a coach window caught my attention.  As it turned out, the coach belonged to Sylvia, one of the folks at our Thanksgiving dinner table.


One day we made our way to IKEA for the second time.  The Swedish meatballs were calling to Joani - the Total Wine across the parking lot was enough to justify the trip for me.

The Ikea is only 18 miles from Mesa, in Tempe, AZ (another suburb of Phoenix).

Chuck's lowrider, below, was mostly a '51 Mercury.  The unique look was the result of a lowered suspension and roofline, the addition of '55 Chevy "eyebrows" and a grill from some other model car.  It kind of reminded me of a shark looking for prey.  Like a lot of the folks in the park who drive the more interesting or expensive cars, this one was towed inside an enclosed trailer.


I had to ask Chuck why the car had both side pipes and rear tailpipes.  He said only one set was used, but now I cannot remember which it was.  I will have to pay close attention to the sound the next time he cruises by me.


Happy Birthday, baby brother!  I love you, Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment