Saturday, July 15, 2017, Hattie B's Nashville Hot Chicken, Nashville, TN


I grew up in the Nashville, TN, area and do not remember ever hearing about Nashville Hot Chicken. That's why I was surprised to hear about it on some TV show while we were way out west somewhere. My brother, Doug, was pretty familiar with many of the Hot Chicken joints and agreed to introduce me to the famous cuisine. "Making grown men cry since 2012," told me we were going to get some authentic hot chicken at Hattie B's.


We arrived just after they opened and the line of customers out the door meant it was going to be about a 30-minute wait before I could sample the famous tasty treat (the line was even longer when we left). 





You had your choice of chicken heat - Mild, Hot, Damn Hot and finally, "Shut the Cluck Up". Doug cautioned me to avoid that last one, so I chose a couple Hot and a couple Damn Hot. That was some pretty impressive heat. I had a few beads of sweat break out as I was eating, but I have to say I was immediately a fan! Wow! I will be back for more and maybe even try some of that Shut the Cluck Up.


No comments:

Post a Comment