Saturday, August 12, 2017, Tomato Art Festival


My brother, Doug, invited me to join him for a visit to the annual Nashville Tomato Art festival. He said we could have a few beers and wander between stages listening to live music. I could not pass that up!


People watching opportunities were plentiful. The image of one particular cigar smoking young woman, dressed as a tomato, was something I wish I had not seen. No, I did not take a picture - I'm still trying to forget what we saw. The woman below, on the other hand, made for a very interesting model atop the street art.





The Burps were one of many bands we listened to playing on the various stages. I can say that nothing we heard was very memorable.



Animals dressed in tomato outfits - what could be more hipster?





We were getting a bit hungry just as we noticed this very welcome food truck. I had been craving some more Nashville Hot Chicken so this could not have been more ideal! Prince's was the original and very highly regarded. The founder was reportedly a womanizer, and after one late night, his girlfriend at the time cooked him a fried chicken breakfast with hot pepper as revenge. I believe that's her picture on the back of the truck. The line was not too long, but it was still a pretty good wait while our chicken was cooked to order.



We opted for a  mix of mild and medium (we avoided the hot). Paired with a PBR it just could not have been better. The medium was delicious with some nice heat, but it was certainly not too hot. Next time I might try some of the "hot".



How does one get ready for a gig playing the violin on roller skates while dressed as a tomato?







I got a little too much sun walking around the fest - I guess the sunburn made me look a little like a tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment