Friday, November 13, 2015


We saw Lambert's Cafe featured on Travel Channel's "countdown chow down" list years ago, so when we passed one in Foley, AL (there are three across the country) we had to try it out.


The guy to the far right in the picture below was a bit blurred as he was catching his own "throwed" roll.


I caught one too, but to avoid embarrassing myself I gripped all of the fluffiness right out of the roll. It was a hot mess, but covered with melted butter it was great!  I had a second roll handed to me as the server passed our table.  Fun fact:  Lambert's bakes an average of 520 dozen (6240) rolls a day - that's 2,246,400 per year!

The portions were huge and with all of the "pass-arounds," it was good that they provided us some to-go boxes.  Pass-arounds were included with every meal.  Servers wandered the aisles with fried potatoes and onions, fried okra, black-eyed peas, boiled cabbage, macaroni and tomatoes, apple butter and all of the hot rolls and sorghum you could eat.


So, overall, I guess we would say the Lambert's experience was interesting, but probably not something we need to repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment