Monday, November 30, 2015


We visited the Foley Train Museum today for the second time.  The first time it was not open and today we learned the model trains only operate Tuesday, Thursday, and SaTurday from  Ten until Two (I finally understood what they meant when they said to remember the 5Ts for the model trains).  Knowing we would have to return, we still spent a good hour exploring the museum's collection of memorabilia arranged throughout the old Foley Train Station.


As harried as the station agent appears below, I suspect the customers would not have been quite as happy as they appear in this piece depicting train service of old.



I think the most valuable function of a historical museum is to show us just how lucky we are to be living in our own time!  The typewriter keyboard below bears some resemblance to our present computer keyboards, but the difference in technology is staggering.



I wonder how often I would do laundry if this was my washing machine?


I thought it was about time I included a picture of our site at Rainbow Plantation.  It really was full for this early in the winter season - only a few open sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment