Thursday, March 8 through Monday, March 12, 2018, ACC Pre-Rally


The American Coach Chapter (ACC) of the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) pre-rally was not due to start yet, but Twin Oaks was hosting a large group and needed our site. We headed to Fair Harbor RV Park in Perry, GA. where we would meet with our group in a few days. I certainly do love the leisurely driving days - 8.5 miles (85,431.2 total).

Fair Harbor was a pretty nice park and we were the first of the ACC attendees to arrive. We had one of the best possible sites - just look at our view below!


I'm not quite sure who was responsible for the herd of 20 goats in the park, but they were certainly tame. As I walked Sam by the fence one day they came racing in our direction. At the last minute, I realized they had spotted friends who fed them regularly and they raced right by me for their treats.


I was not sure if the woman was putting me on or not but she called each one of them by name as she fed them a 20-pound bag of raw peanuts.

I believe this big boy was named Zeus.

In typical rally fashion, we gathered daily for happy hour and evening dinners. Lots of great fellowship and fun! Our chapter was celebrating its 25th year and was awarded honors by FMCA dignitaries one evening. Below, from left to right, were Pauline Shea, our chapter VP, David Kessler, FMCA National Area VP, Jim Graham, our chapter president, John Walker, FMCA President, and Charlie Adcock, FMCA Immediate Past President (and American Coach owner).


A toast to 25 years as a chapter and wishes for many more to come. We all received commemorative champagne flutes and the bubbly was flowing until everyone had their fill.


Nearly everyone in attendance at the pre-rally made it into this group shot. I'd like to say I remember everyone's name, but alas, there are a few I will have to meet again before I fully commit them all to memory. Certainly a great group of folks all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment