Monday, March 26 through Wednesday, April 4, 2018, Cedars of Lebanon


One of the longer drives we made in a while, 264.0 miles (85,912.1 total), took us all the way to Cedars of Lebanon State Park in Tennessee where we will visit with family over Easter weekend.

Our family camped here when I was young, but I can't say I really remembered anything about the park. I did a little hiking around with Sam and found the park had a lot to offer. There were a lot of facilities available for group activities, a nice nature center, cabins and lots of trails. They were working on expanding the campground and the new area looked very promising - large well spaced lots with easy access. We will definitely visit here in the future.




My brother Doug and his wife, Carol, their son, Matthew and his wife Lindsay and their new baby boy, Sanders made it to my mom's place for a big dinner on Saturday, March 31st. My youngest brother, Don, and his wife, Barbara, and his daughter, Adley were there as well. Adley brought a "plus one" who seemed very pleasant. Maybe we will see him again someday. Counting Mom, we were 12 with enough food for 30 - needless to say no one went hungry. Sanders was passed around from lap to lap always with a grin on his face - he has to be one of the happiest babies I have ever known.


Any family gettogether eventually requires some Rook play. Matthew was trying to get Sanders started early on the game but it looked like he had other things on his mind.





One day I met Doug in Nashville and we had lunch at Hattie B's. After trying several places, I decided they had my favorite hot chicken. This time I tried the "Shut the Cluck Up". It was their hottest offering and mighty tasty. Along with the baked beans, fries and a cold PBR, it was a truly satisfying meal - I am a fan of Nashville Hot Chicken!

Back in the park spring was in the air as the first of the flowering trees burst with color.







Mom seemed to be fully recovered from her hip surgery and we had taken care of a short list of things around her condo, so it was time to move on after a little more than a week. We always hate saying goodbye, but that's part of the full timing life.

No comments:

Post a Comment