Thursday, April 5 & Friday, April 6, 2018


We broke up the drive from Tennessee to the Red River Gorge in Kentucky with an overnight stay at a Walmart in Bardstown, KY. So I only drove 156.5 miles (86,068.6 total) on Thursday and followed it up with an easy 115.3 miles (86,183.9 total) to 4 Guys RV Park in Stanton, KY on Friday. At least it should have been easy. There was a 20 mile stretch on a narrow winding road with no shoulder and a serious drop off that I have no desire to drive again. Whenever an oncoming semi-truck passed us I cringed hoping I would not hear any contact. I have never been so happy to see an Interstate highway.

There were very few signs it was springtime in Kentucky. In fact, a few days after our arrival we saw snow falling - not a lot, but we didn't really want to see any!




I'm going to just go ahead and say that maybe we haven't figured out how to be "snowbirds" just yet. Check out the overnight low temperature we saw below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment