Friday, May 11, 2018, Move to Delaware, OH


Alum Creek State Park in Delaware, OH, just outside of Columbus, was just 60.2 miles (86,587.6 total) making it an extremely easy driving day. 


Check in told us to go around the corner and back in.  I did just that, requiring an Austin Powers, 12 point turn on the narrow road to back into our spot as. It would have been nice if the camp host had told us to drive around the corner, turn left and go around the block to approach our site from the other side. I cannot imagine the kind of things being said about me by the people waiting for me to get out of their way.


Once we were settled into site F-22 it was pretty nice - a mix of sun and shade and some wild neighbors across the street. We heard them partying until well after 11 and saw their mountain of empties the next morning. I think there were 6 people helping to down what I estimated to be 6 or 8 six packs of beer. They were a lot more reserved the next night - either still nursing hangovers or they had blown through their entire alcohol allowance for the week.



As luck would have it (I don't think Joani planned this) we were only a few miles from an IKEA. Of course, that meant we weren't cooking at home - Swedish meatballs tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment