Friday, May 4, 2018, Lancaster, OH


We were booted out of the FMCA campground to make room for the board members who drove in for a meeting. They always have priority which we understood when we arrived, so it was no surprise. Joani made reservations in Lancaster, OH just 131.5 miles (86,527.2 total) to the east of Cincinnati. We took our time getting on the road since it was such a short drive.

We were set-up in Lancaster Camp Ground early enough to walk around the heart of the city for a while.







Not long after returning from downtown it rained lightly, but only for a few minutes. I kept hearing a knocking sound and finally noticed it was a robin pecking at our mirror trying to tell me I was in his space. He was a persistent little guy who simple retreated to the tree in the background whenever I shooed him away.



He kept returning until I finally covered the mirrors with plastic grocery bags. I don't know if he didn't like the feel of the plastic or if the crinkling noises bothered him, but he left our mirrors alone for the remainder of our stay. Of course, people probably wondered what kind of goofball wraps his mirrors in old Walmart bags.

Below you can see the sunset we saw on our first evening in Lancaster - I think an indication of a great stay ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment