Friday, December 11, 2015


I had seen several nice sunrises while walking Sam.  Today I remembered to take a camera and nature made it worthwhile.


I loved how the red in the sunrise painted the vegetation giving it a lot more interest than you can see at high noon.


While getting ready to pull out I found myself coughing quite a bit. Our neighbor pointed out that everyone was coughing.  She said it was the "red tide".  She was absolutely correct - everyone walking by seemed to have the same hack.  Warren and Erin a few sites away stopped to chat and Erin said Warren never gets sick, but he was coughing and sniffling.  I vaguely remembered hearing about the red tide on the local news.  Later in the day, after moving away from the coast, I noticed my cough was gone - a very strange little quirk of life on the seashore.

Our next reservation was at another Corps of Engineers facility. Eastbank Campground was on Lake Seminole just over the state line in Georgia.  It was 181.0 miles (75,862.8 total) east, just about 40 miles west of Tallahassee, FL.  I decided to empty the tanks on arrival at Eastbank to get us on the road earlier since we were also crossing back into the Eastern time zone.  Unfortunately, the dump station at Eastbank was not easily accessible, but we got'er done and settled into our nice lakeside site.


The weather was perfect for another beautiful sunset.  



Does it get any better than starting the day with a beautiful sunrise and ending the day with a beautiful sunset?

No comments:

Post a Comment