Friday, December 25, 2015


Christmas on the road can be a little lonely unless you are in a nice park with friends.  Loren and Sharon invited us to share Christmas breakfast. Sharon made an excellent sausage and egg casserole, hash browned potatoes and fruit.  Joani made some cinnamon pull-aparts with a dipping glaze.  Some champagne and orange juice completed a special breakfast that was hard to beat.  It was all delicious, so of course, we ate too much.  Thelma and Louise watched us eat from a respectable distance as all cool cats do. Thelma watched everything from her box on the counter - I think that was her "what are they doing here?" look.

I think it's her "where's my mimosa?" look.

We barely had time for breakfast to settle before it was time to get ready for an early dinner.  Rockcrusher Canyon RV Resort had organized a big potluck Christmas dinner at their clubhouse.  Joani made a nice cherry cobbler and I brought a bottle of wine.  I guessed there were somewhere between 70 and 80 folks, so there was quite an array of tasty salads, veggies and desserts to compliment the ham and scalloped potatoes provided by the park.

We met new friends Keith and Judy and Joe and Sandy at the table along with Loren and Sharon.  Our table was called second, so we were the envy of a lot of hungry looking folks.  You will have to take my word for it that I had a good looking platter of exceptionally tasty food because, while I had a camera in my pocket, I completely forgot to take any pictures.  I probably should mention our table was next to all of the desserts which called to me throughout the meal.  I felt like the epitome of willpower when I returned with one brownie and a little cobbler.  Of course, after everyone was fed, I took home a plate with several additional goodies for later - Merry Christmas to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment