Friday, July 8, 2016


When you stretch out the full width of Nebraska along I-80 it's a pretty wide state.  Add to that the flatness and it seems to go on forever. Our drive today took us 396.8 miles (78,191.7 total) to a Pilot travel plaza just outside of Cheyenne, WY.

The Archway at Kearney was highly recommended, but it will have to wait for another trip.  It has to be one of the strangest locations for a museum, stretched across an Interstate highway.



The terrain changed drastically as we neared Wyoming.  As we climbed hills I paid close attention to the engine temperature gauge.  I estimated the temperature was running somewhere between 5 and 15 degrees cooler than before.  I probably should have cleaned the radiator long ago but I will make sure it is never quite so filthy again.

As we neared Cheyenne we saw some pretty heavy rains all around. It seemed, however, we were always headed to the one clear spot on the horizon.  Sure enough, we barely used the wipers and the rain didn't start in earnest until I was trying to fuel up the coach.  It was blowing enough that I had to use an umbrella under the awning!


I had to unhook the car so we could back ourselves into a far corner of the plaza for the night.  The rain cooled the air enough that we had a downright pleasant evening parked amongst the big rigs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment