Saturday, January 14, 2017, Move to Hemet, CA


We enjoyed a really nice breakfast with Maggie and Jim yesterday morning. They make visiting California really special!  I had planned to clean up the coach before our next stop but the weather didn't cooperate - you know my feelings were sorely hurt.

The River's Edge RV Park had a nice pool and spa. Even though it was cool cold enough that I was the only one in the hot tub, I was not going to pass up the chance for a nice long soak after roughing it at Pinnacles.

It was a good thing I was so relaxed because today's move to Hemet, CA was brutal! It was about our recent average at 194.9 miles (81,210.3 miles total) but the traffic and the poor condition of the pavement - WOW!  I can't remember how many times I said: "never again". I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the potholes were 6 or 8 inches deep. Of course, the deeper they were, the slower I drove when I was able to actually move. Joani followed our trek through the Los Angeles quagmire on Google maps with traffic updates that never failed to depress. Usually, we like to have a picture or two of the scenery as we drive, but we really didn't want any reminders of this trip. I was one happy camper when we finally reached Golden Village Palms RV Resort.



Our site was very tight but nice. It helped a great deal that Joani found a special allowing us a half-price stay. The park catered mostly to snowbirds so we were the oddballs with a one-week reservation. At the rear corner of our site was a tree loaded with lemons the size of your fist. They were delicious, so I picked a half dozen to add some freshly squeezed zest to our drinks. This week will be the polar opposite of our roughing it in the backwoods and maybe I can forget about the California highways.


No comments:

Post a Comment