Sunday, January 22, 2017


Being a bit unsure how many days we would be staying in the park, we decided to hike under the threat of rain.  I was hoping to see the elusive Peninsular Big Horn Sheep in the rocky hills (I had learned all about them at a Ranger fireside talk last night).


The recent rains meant there was plenty of water flowing in the canyon.  Our trail crossed the water several times.  I really did not want to get my hiking boots wet, so that meant stepping across on wobbly stones or balancing on old palm tree trunks.







We were finally turned back when there appeared to be no way to cross the water without getting wet.  The palm grove was still maybe a half mile from us so this hike will require another attempt with better planning.



It was colorful and a really easy hike, but I never did see any of the bighorn sheep.






No comments:

Post a Comment