Tuesday, January 10, 2017


The early morning turkey stroll through Pinnacles National Park was augmented by a number of deer checking out the area.  I believe, by this time, there was only one other RV in the park, so the deer were not quite as shy as they had been.





The California Ground Squirrels would pop up all around.  They were noisy!  Their chirping and screeching drove Sam crazy on our walks.  I was tempted to let him off-leash just one time to see if he could bring me back a trophy.



It was a little cool and damp this morning so when the sun peaked through the clouds the Turkey Vultures all spread their wings to soak up a little warmth.





Originally adjacent to the park and now included as part of the park is the Bacon Farm.  Ben built the house for Orea when they were married in 1894.  I love how photogenic old barns are.  I don't believe this barn was as old as the house, maybe only 50 or 60 years old. Unfortunately, there was no indication of its exact age but I thought it was nicely weathered.




The tree below was just behind the barn.  I don't believe I have ever seen a more impressive burl in a tree!



I thought maybe I was seeing a large flock of Condors but no - they were just Turkey Vultures, nine altogether.


No comments:

Post a Comment