Friday, Mar 22, 2013, Cruise on the St. Lucie River, FL


We felt conspicuous touring around Port St. Lucie, FL, our poor car was still filthy with the Kissimmee Prairie dust covering it, so we had it washed. It might be the first time I ever had someone wash my car, but I have to admit, it really looks good and it was sure easy.

We took the River Lilly Eco Cruise on the north fork of the St. Lucie River. I was suspicious that Deena and Dana (the cruise guide and captain) had some trained "wildlife" on their route until I saw some birds actually fly away.

Limpkin (also called carrao, courlan, and crying bird)


We saw quite a variety of birds and, of course, alligators. I believe everyone had a great time and we got a lot of really nice pictures.  


We were honored to witness the Black Crowned Night Herons mating ritual. He was very persistent, but she seemed underwhelmed.




Tillandsia



Afterward, we had lunch at Conchy Joe's with Loren and Sharon. We were surprised to see a table of ACA folks in the next room.




Later on, I went to the clubhouse for unlimited wine and beer provided by the resort.  Joani stayed home and played with her pictures. Lacking adult supervision, I tried to see if the wine was really unlimited. I talked with Loren and Sharon and Marty and Barbara late into the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment