Saturday, Mar 16, 2013, Peavine Trail in Kissimmee Prairie Preserve, FL


Hiked on the Peavine trail (Kissimmee Prairie Preserve, FL) out to a slough full of birds and gators. Got a few more pictures that are keepers. I guess I have not really seen too many alligators since I still like finding and photographing them.




Technically, the birds are wading


Finally saw several gators get up and walk.

"You look'n at me?"


We watched this Ibis catch the fish.

And then we watched this Crow take it away!


Listened to volunteer Paul tell us about the history of the area which was very interesting. 


Back out for more comet watching at sunset. Jon had left for home, but Bob and Jim were still there. Saw the comet through the 22 inch, but it was very poor seeing right at the horizon. I guess because it was Saturday and the park was nearly full there were probably 30 people at the astronomy pad. I left early since the moon was not due to set until around midnight and I did not want to stay up that long.


A few additional guests came to the star party.

No comments:

Post a Comment