Wednesday, July 23, 2014


I thought I rousted us early, but upon reaching Mormon Row we found ten other cars along the road.  The field was littered with tripods and photographers.  We were probably only there 5 minutes before the light broke and shutters started snapping.


The picture below may have captured my favorite lighting, but it was difficult to pick just one from the hundreds we took.

The sun is just hitting the mountains, but wasn't high enough to hit the barn yet.

I jogged down to the other set of barns (what was I thinking - too early to jog).

The proverbial early bird...

David's panorama captured all of the barns just as the sun brought them to life.

John Moulton replaced his log home with this pink stucco frame house, Circa 1910.

On the way back home, we stopped to look for moose along the Gros Ventre river.  While I was looking at the river, Joani turned to see the buffalo coming over the hill behind us.  I really liked the way they were silhouetted against the sky.


Cowbirds share a symbiotic relationship with the bison.  After my Google research, I now know cowbirds are the "mafia" of the avian world!

Later, we headed into Jackson and spent time visiting galleries around the square.  There was a lot of unique and beautiful art.  Pretty much all of our wall space is already covered, so we didn't find it necessary to make any purchases.


Eye-catching!  Carved Acrylic (that's new to me) by Robert Walker entitled Mothership 2.0, 2014. It can be yours for only $12,000.


Now this spoke to me!  The over $400 price tag didn't.  What do you think Katie, could we reproduce this?

About an hour of browsing the Jackson galleries was enough for me, although we had only seen maybe six of twenty-six listed in the Jackson Gallery guide.  

A little later, we met up with the Reimers and Osmundsons at the Snow King Resort where they had a blast on the Alpine Slides. 


Just to be clear, the look on Emerson's face is pure joy (Branon's too)!


It's hard to say who is winning, Erica or Jamie and Maryn.  It looks like a tie!

Slow down Chad, no passing allowed!


Harrison, you go speed racer!!!

I think Keith feels the need for speed!


Maryn looks like a happy camper.

The alpine slides put everyone in the mood for "Home Made" ice cream on the square.  It didn't come close to the home made ice cream from Sweet Treats in Jewell, Iowa, but it still hit the spot.

What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment