Monday, August 11, 2014


During Sam's early morning walk, I spotted another moose.  This one was a big bull moose, so I hurried back and got Joani and a camera. When we caught up with Mr. Moose he had wandered back towards the river and into the dense undergrowth.  Joani followed him along the river's edge, while I circled around ahead of his path.

I'm a firm believer of "Be careful what you wish for..."

But, this time, there was no downside!

As I waited for him to emerge from the underbrush, it never occurred to me that he had the option of simply crossing the river.  Joani was able to get some really nice pictures as he waded towards the other side. 

I was hoping for a big bull with large paddles and good light.

Nearly our last day, but my desires were realized.

I followed from a distance on the campground side of the Gros Ventre River, and then he decided to cross - looking into the sun.  Thank you, big bull!

This parting shot will be a lasting memory of Teton National Park!

Later in the afternoon, on the way into Jackson, we stopped along the roadside for some more cloud drama over the Tetons.  We were very fortunate to have so many opportunities to experience the beauty of the park.



The lighting changed drastically from moment to moment so that sometimes we would see the perfect light, but it would change before we could stop for the picture.  Watching the cloud drama move and change over the Tetons was special, with or without a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment