Sunday, August 31, 2014


It was Joani's birthday, so I wanted to make it special for her.  Of course, I'm not very good at that sort of stuff, so my plan included some shopping, a museum and eating out.  The only thing that could possibly be considered special was that some of the shopping was at "girl" stores and I just read in the car so she could take her time.

Before we hit the road, she opened a package from Katie.  Katie had recently taken up knitting and had become very proficient very quickly. She knitted Joani a cozy that buttoned around a mug.  The birthday girl loved it and immediately set out to capture it from all sides in a single picture. 

Thank you, Katie!  I love my mug cozy!

On the way to the museum, we realized (thanks to Google maps) it was closed on Sundays.  Our life on the road has taught us to improvise when plans need to change.  We added a little extra shopping, went to eat a bit earlier and managed to fill the day.  Joani found some nice jeans that fit perfectly and they were marked way down (birthday bonus).

1 comment: