Friday, May 22 through Sunday, May 24, 2015


The American Coach Association rally continued Friday and Saturday and we enjoyed more of the same great food and socializing.  I forgot my camera most of the time, so there were no pictures to share.

I bought all of the filters required to service the coach engine (I was reminded "when you play with the big boys you pay with the big boys" - $270 worth of filters including the "rally discount").

Dinner on Saturday night was fantastic.  The perfectly cooked roast was paired with the best twice baked potato I have ever had.  Even the green beans were excellent.  And the skewer of shrimp topped it all off.  You might think I was just really hungry - making everything taste great, but I heard the same thing from a lot of others.  We skipped the entertainment in favor of a quiet night in the coach.

Sunday morning my neighbor fired up at 6:00 am.  Since he was parked with his engine less than 10 feet from our bedroom window, it was quite a rude awakening.  I took Sam out for a long walk and said goodbye to a few of the early risers.  I did not envy those who planned on driving 500 miles or more to get home.

Our drive was one of our shortest.  Since our service appointment at Spartan in Charlotte was not until June 3rd, we decided to return to Grand View Bend outside Howe, IN. It was only 30.2 miles (74,238.0 total) and since we didn't get lost, it was nearly 5 miles shorter than our trip over to the rally,  When we arrived, the park looked completely different.  The pool was open and there were people everywhere enjoying the long Memorial Day weekend.

We set up in the same site we had a week ago and settled in for a quiet week.


No comments:

Post a Comment