Saturday, August 4, 2018, Gateway to Science Museum


We visited Gateway to Science, one of the very few science museums in North Dakota on our ASTC list of museums. 


This children's museum had quite a large number of hands-on displays demonstrating different concepts in technology and physics.




Definitely not a good look for me in front of a warped mirror reflected in another mirror to make me look like I am levitating in mid-air.


Joani had me drive across town (I think there were only three freeway exits) to see another John Lopez work, this time in front of the MacKensie Pizza Parlor. You can see below the scale of this piece - it must be at least 8 feet tall.


Kenai, by John Lopez, 2012

I have never seen the Disney animated film, Brother Bear.  If I had, I would have realized that Kenai is the name of the (bear) protagonist in that movie.  Now I want to see it.




I'm guessing a Lewis and Clark scene over his latissimus dorsi.

No comments:

Post a Comment