Monday, October 12, 2015


It was cool, foggy morning perfect for a walk along the park's nature trail.  As the fog started to lift, we could finally see the far side of the lake. 


The trail will be decorated soon for Halloween, but we had the chance to see real webs as the morning dew made them stand out.  I don't think I will be walking this trail in the dark!




The tree below was in the middle of the lake with no visible dry land around it.  I think that means boaters need to really pay attention to the channel markers!


We saw these tiny little bright red berries along the trail for a while.  I finally found a tree with these flowers(?) that opened up to drop the berries.  It reminded me of something from the Little Shop of Horrors.



Along the trail, we saw such a variety of mushrooms.  We spent an extra half hour getting pictures of them all.  Sam was ready to just move on!



No comments:

Post a Comment