Wednesday, October 7, 2015


I'm not really sure what happened to September, but I blinked and it was gone!  I know we have done enough purging and downsizing that everything we intend to keep (that doesn't fit in the motorhome) will fit nicely in a 10 x 10 foot storage unit.  I guess that should make me feel pretty good about our efforts.  We were both more than ready to continue our travels and I'm pretty sure the newlyweds were ready to have the house to themselves again.

We had already taken a couple of full car loads to the coach already, so this morning one last carload was all we needed.  I don't know why I expected to get away by 10:00, but fortunately, it was not critical, so 12 noon was OK too.

Driving the coach was like riding a bicycle - after a few minutes, it was like I never took a break.  That was good because driving through the heavy Atlanta traffic is always a challenge for any level of expertise. Our first stop was a short 182.2 miles (75,257.1 miles total) away in Florence Marina State Park.  The park was a few miles south of Omaha, GA (who knew there was an Omaha, GA?) which was about 20 miles south of Columbus, GA.  Our route actually took us into Alabama for a while.



It was a beautiful day for traveling.  The park only had a few other campers, but it will be full over the weekend.  The park was only about 9 miles from Providence Canyon State Park and about 30 miles from Columbus, GA which has a lot to explore.  Florence Marina is on the Walter F. George Reservoir (Lake Eufaula for those across the border in Alabama) on the Chattahoochee River.  As you can see below, the park has plenty of beauty on its own.



No comments:

Post a Comment