Sunday, October 11, 2015


Our site was reserved by someone else, so we had to move.  It was probably only 50 feet to the next site over, but I still had to unhook everything and set-up all over again.  I guess the practice never hurts. As we walked to the office to pay for a few more days in the park, we found a crane who liked the muck in a small lake inlet.  He kept a wary eye on us until I made enough noise to make him fly away.


There were several things to see in Columbus, GA, but most of them were not open on Sunday.  It was a good time, however, to drive around and become familiar with the area and the Riverwalk.  We probably walked less than a half mile of the 22.5 miles of walkway along the river, so we will definitely be back. 


As we rounded a corner, I said: "wow that's some stiff hair".  Joani said she didn't notice because she was trying to see what she was painting.  When I realized she wasn't kidding, I told her it was a statue. I don't think she believed me until our walk took us by the same "artist".

"When Now Becomes Then" by J. Seward Johnson, Jr.



The boat at the bottom of the picture, heading over the rapids,...

...didn't fare very well.  All part of the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment