Sunday, January 17, 2016


Following the ACA rally, we drove a short 15.2 miles (76,196.7 miles total) to Lithia Springs county park. It seemed very familiar and then we remembered it was the same thing we did three years ago following the regional rally at Lazy Days in 2013!

Attendance at the park picked up quite a bit in the past three years. Last time there were days when it was just us and the two hosts in the park. This time there were nights when they were nearly full.

For the last several months I had been threatening to clean up the old Dream. With time on my hands and a couple of days with no plans, I finally decided to try something new to spruce up the roof. I found straight bleach was pretty effective at removing oxidation. I also applied some 303 Protectant to hopefully protect the fiberglass from UV and maybe prevent (or at least, slow down) any more oxidizing.


I ran out of steam before I ran out of roof so only one side got cleaned. I guess I should also mention a thunderstorm rolled in and Joani pulled me off of the ladder when the lightning started.


One nice day we headed back to one of our previous haunts - Lettuce Lakes Park. I don't know if it was the time of day or the weather, but there were very few birds this time, so I didn't include any of our pictures.

Another day, we drove over to Lake Ashton where our ACA friends, Brian and Pat, lived. They talked about it and were very happy there, so we decided to see what it was all about. I don't think Joani was really interested, but after the sales pitch, we were both thinking it was worth some serious consideration. Our friends live in an RV port home with a huge garage for the RV. It had a nice layout with 1,700 sq ft of living space and a two car garage. The neighborhood amenities were outstanding! They had everything you could possibly imagine and a few you wouldn't. At least I was surprised by the bowling alley. Needless to say, the visit had us re-evaluating our priorities and will be something to think about when our home in Georgia is finally sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment