Wednesday, January 13, 2016, Lazy Days ACA Rally


The trip from Sumter Oaks SKP park to Lazy Days in Tampa, FL was only 48.7 miles (76,181.5 miles total).  We followed Loren and Sharon and chose to travel the back roads instead of Interstate 75 which made it a little longer, but I suspect it was far more interesting.  My navigator, however, was not happy about the traffic and tight streets through several of the small towns along our route.  There were no issues and I maintain the delay helped bridge the gap between check-out time and check-in times between the two parks.

We arrived at Lazy Days with everyone else - at least it felt that way. There were so many coaches pulling in at the same time we blocked traffic on the main road.  Through a lucky break, we got checked in quickly, but we found there was a coach parked in our space.  More than an hour later, a couple of Lazy Days guys apologized profusely and moved it out of our way.

We picked up our rally package and re-acquainted ourselves with the expansive Lazy Days complex.  It was a lot of fun meeting our new neighbors and finding that old friends were close to our site.  Dinners were planned for most nights and there was entertainment mixed in as well.  Beer and wine were included every evening and, mostly, I exercised restraint.  I have to admit, however, I was feeling pretty good by the time I slipped into the hot tub several nights. 





Days were spent exploring the Tampa RV Supershow.  I had a short list of things to find and managed to find them all.  Of course, we found a few extra things that were not on the list.  There was a heated water hose at Camping World marked down to half price that Joani talked me into buying.  It was something I wanted, but it made me think I would really rather not be anywhere we would need it. 

American Coach brought back the American Dream model and it really looked good!  Maybe someday we will have to replace our Dream and it would certainly be a fine candidate.  There were several park models (or manufactured homes) we toured, but they just re-enforced our desire to continue our full-timing adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment