Thursday, January 28, 2016


Our trek home continued another 233.7 miles (76,560.4 miles total) with a stop at Twin Oaks RV park in Elko, GA. The park is conveniently located close to I-75 about 10 miles south of Perry, GA. It was a nice park and we enjoyed the whimsy that was evident in the dozens of birdhouses scattered between the sites.




Of course, the most important park feature was the jacuzzi.  The nights were too cold, so I enjoyed a hot soak during the much warmer afternoon hours.  I had the jets to myself except when Joani snapped the picture below.



At one point, as we were relaxing in the coach, we heard a loud bang and felt the coach rock.  I went outside to investigate - nothing had hit us.  I assumed it was a sonic boom from a jet based at Robbins AFB a few miles north of us.  A neighbor said there was a boom once or twice a week.  I think it was less than an hour before we heard another. Fortunately, that was the last we heard during our two-night stay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment