Friday, January 1, 2016


With all of the new year reservations at Rockcrusher Canyon RV Resort, we were forced to leave.  We really wanted to stay in the area to attend the ACA rally in Tampa in less than 2 weeks.  Fortunately, the Sumter Oaks Escapee park was a short 48.3 miles (76,132.8 miles total) away, allowing us to stay close.

They had propane at Sumter Oaks, so I filled up first.  When I went to record the fill-up, I found that the last time we got propane was January 1, 2015, exactly one year ago.  The record showed we bought 22.9 gallons a year ago.  Strangely enough, it took 22.9 gallons to fill the tank again.  I guess that means we don't really use a lot of propane.



The park was adjacent to some wetlands where a small group of Ibis was wading.  They were obviously accustomed to people since they were not bothered in the least when Sam and I sat on a nearby bench to watch them.




The afternoon sky struck me as a bit unusual with the blue and white clouds contrasting with the pastel pink background.  I would like a chance to see the same thing again when I can do more to capture it than snap a picture from a moving car.


No comments:

Post a Comment