Friday, October 4, 2019, Happy Birthday Jon! Alpharetta, GA


Jon decided he would like to have his friends over for a "Taco Night" on his birthday. Joani and I hosted parties many times where everyone enjoyed building their own plate with beef and chicken tacos and all of the sides. We spent the afternoon prepping and quite a few of Jon and Sara's friends joined us for an evening of food and fun. I wish I could remember everyone's name but there were over 15 people and we stayed busy feeding the masses so I will not even try to list them all.






Below you can see Sara, her father holding sweet baby girl, Hannah behind the lens snapping pictures and Sara's brother Joe taking pics with his phone.  

Sweet baby girl stole the limelight at Jon's birthday gathering.

The "other" grandpa (see, I can share baby time) seemed mesmerized by sweet baby girl. I know Ira and Mary are just as thrilled to be grands as we are.

16 days old
Grandpas are just made for napping.

Happy Birthday, Jon! (Daddy 1.0)

Everyone ate their fill, topping it all off with one of Jon's all-time favorite sweets, Chess Bars. We had to call my mom for the recipe. Joani did not remember just how easy the deliciously decadent treats were - they were a hit with only one wrapped up and saved for Jon the next day. I think everyone had a great time especially the new dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment