Friday, October 4, 2013, Watch the Boats on the San Joaquin River, Stockton, CA


It was one of those days where we just took it easy. I washed the car and read a book. From our site at RiverPoint Landing Marina/Resort along the San Joaquin River in Stockton, CA, we saw quite a variety of watercraft, but this one surprised me as it went by. I had no idea Stockton was a port city with access to the Pacific. It was impressive to see this huge ship navigate the river. I found out later the river widens a bit to 1,500 feet where these 800 foot long behemoths are turned around by tugboats - that's tight!




We would like to wish our son a very happy birthday!!!
Happy Birthday, Jon!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you all for the birthday wishes! And the gift that came in the mail was pretty cool too. (though I haven't gotten a chance to use it.)

    ReplyDelete