Wednesday, October 2, 2013, Move to Almond Grove RV Park, Williams, CA


When I have people backed up behind me, I use the pull-outs to let everyone pass. These bicyclers, on the other hand, "owned the road." I don't think it ever occurred to them to use a turn out to get out of the way. We followed them for a while at about 5 mph before we had a chance to pass. I cannot imagine how vulnerable it must feel to be on such a narrow road with cars passing at 55 mph.


We are trying to stay positive and hopeful that Yosemite will reopen before our reservations (Government shutdown has the National Park Campgrounds closed) Oct. 7-10. We moved to Almond Grove RV Park in Williams, CA, a total of 179.8 miles (4,873.4 trip/64,354.5 total). The drive across Highway 20 was very picturesque. The campground's name made sense after we passed mile after mile of almond groves. 




Almond groves everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment