Tuesday, January 8, 2019, Move to North Ranch SKP Park


A nice, short, uneventful drive took us 46.5 miles (90,108.1 total) west on Arizona Highway 60 to the North Ranch Escapee Park in Congress, AZ, about 60 miles northwest of Phoenix.

I mentioned our new bicycle rack but didn't have a picture until we packed up to leave Sunflower. I still have to get used to making all of the connections with the bikes on the rack. Everything was a just a little harder to reach and stretched just a little further and I had to always be mindful of the greasy bike chains, but it all worked and left room in our trusty tow car for more junk.


Check-in was easy peasy at North Ranch and we were settled in by 1:30. The ground was a little soft so I will probably have to re-level in a few days, but otherwise, our site was great.


As the sun sunk low in the west, it painted the mountains to the east in pastel pink, but only for a few minutes. We almost missed the opportunity to capture the color.


The colorful skies made a gorgeous backdrop for highlighting some of the many cacti at North Ranch.



At 6:30, I attended the North Ranch Amateur Radio Club meeting. They had a pretty decent turnout with 20 attendees. I was pleased to see there were 8 women operators in the group. I was only going to be around for a week but my Ham friend in Camp Verde, Norman, had relatives here and I wanted to see if I could meet them. I had no idea who I was looking for, Norman had never given me any names, but as fate would have it, the first person I spoke to was "the guy." Larry, sitting next to me, was married to Jeanette's aunt (Jeanette was Norman's wife). What a small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment