Friday, January 10, 2014, More FMCA Rally, Indio, CA,


We started our morning with the standard FMCA rally (Riverside County Fairgrounds in Indio, CA) breakfast of coffee and doughnuts. The "Frustrated Maestros" play while everyone mills around and says their "Good Mornings" and plans their day's activities.


This was one serious traveler! I have seen lots of United States maps and even the U.S. and Canada but this guy had all of North and South America posted on the side of his coach. Even more intriguing was just how much of both continents he had visited.


The evening's entertainment was a comedian named Carl Hurley. I had never heard of him before, but he is apparently played on a Sirius XM comedy channel a lot (we don't have a Sirius XM radio.) He had us laughing from the start and he just kept getting better. His stories from the hills of Kentucky were unique and his delivery was perfect. He left a job as a tenured professor at a Kentucky University to do his comedy, so either he was really disillusioned about teaching or he was really confident about his comic talent. I think it must have been the latter because I am still laughing at his stories as they pop back into my head days later! I would like to include one here, but I could not do it justice.

Dr. Carl Hurley, of XM Radio's Laugh USA, was very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment