Saturday, January 18, 2014, Street Fair and Car Show, Casa Grande, AZ


We found there was a big Casa Grande, AZ, Street Fair in the old downtown area just a few miles from our park. Sam went with us and walked around for at least an hour before we noticed this sign with the small print prohibiting pets. We were not the only ones who missed it - there were a lot of dogs on leashes and nobody seemed to care.


The Street Fair was pretty extensive - the cars lined both sides of the street for about 5 blocks. There were some really nice examples spanning more than 100 years. I saw a few I would like to have myself.





Cars had such personality, back in the day.

There were two very nice examples of a 1957 Ford Fairlane, 500 just like my first car. Well, my first car might not have been quite as nice. It was a four-door sedan that cost me $75. If I could have any of the cars on display, I think I would choose the 1955 Ford Thunderbird. I don't know why. . .

Just like David's first car, only his was an 11-year-old hard top. His was light blue, too, until he painted it green using a cheap spray painting kit purchased at the five and dime! The experience taught him a few of life's lessons.


The car below was really a work of art. I do not know how it would be to drive, but the color and lines made it a great photographic subject.


There was no shortage of crafts, but Joani maintained control. We rewarded our self-restraint with soft serve ice cream cones later.


Such a neat idea, and fun to watch!

Sam did a little window shopping, and really liked the doggles and booties!

No comments:

Post a Comment