Monday, December 9, 2013, Walk around Lake Skinner Park in Winchester, CA


We started the morning with some hiking around Lake Skinner Park in Winchester, CA. This is a really large facility and we only saw a small bit of it. There were a surprising number and variety of birds. Some were elusive and you could only catch a glimpse of them. Others would practically hop on your shoulder as you sit around the campsite.


The park replaced the pool with a small water park they named the Splash Pad. I'm sure this is a big hit with kids in the summer. I liked the oversized faucet.


We relaxed for the rest of the day. I was told the Hale observatory was visible from our campground and, sure enough, there it was. Of course, I really need to be a bit closer to say I visited it.

No comments:

Post a Comment