Saturday, December 7, 2013, Dinner With Friends, Murrieta, CA


Some of my parent's oldest friends live in the area, Murrieta, CA, and we were able to see them. When I think about it, I guess I have known them since I was about 8 years old which is longer than anyone I know except for family. We met Bob and Dorothy in their home and talked for hours. We have a lot of interests in common with motorhomes and astronomy.

They have a vintage motorhome they are refurbishing that they use as often as they are able. Bob has an interest in amateur astronomy and a Celestron 8 on a CGE mount. The Lake Skinner campground is pretty dark (for southern CA) but, so far, it has been cloudy and we even had some of their 6.5 inches of annual rainfall, so there has been no chance to get the telescope out.


Bob made dinner reservations at a very nice seafood restaurant. The restaurant has been in business for quite a while and gathered a large dinner crowd for good reason - the food was excellent! We walked by the kitchen on the way out and watched them grilling the seafood. I could try grilling fish sometime, but I suspect the secret is in the wood fire and the type of wood. I'm sure there would be a lengthy learning curve to get it right, so I'll probably just go back again when I am craving some really great seafood. Thanks again Dorothy and Bob for a great day!

This is apparently the best way to cook fish! It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment