Thursday, December 5, 2014, Move to Lake Skinner, Winchester, CA


It was a short trip to our new site at Lake Skinner Recreation Area in Riverside County, Winchester, CA, just 75.5 miles (6,026.6 trip/65,507.7 total), but it was nearly all on southern California freeways. We started out at about 10:30 and were lucky enough to miss the heaviest of the traffic.

Overlooking Hwy 60 is a huge Woolly Mammoth sculpture. Of course, I had to figure out why.

The trip went well and we were all settled in by 12:30 just in time for lunch, a short walk and then a lot of nothing for the rest of the day - retirement is pretty tough after all and you need to relax whenever you get the chance!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about relaxing. Here at Escapres Care they got us working our buts off. I actually did dishes for two hour yesterday. And today I get to do even more.
    I've been thinking about going back to work so I can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are good people! Keep up that hard work, it will keep you young! We hope your Christmas is full of happiness. You can relax next year!!!

    ReplyDelete