Friday,September 9, 2016


There were a lot of times we were nearly alone in the park.  I thought with the quiet I would see many Elk early in the morning, but they apparently head for the hills at first light.  One really early morning, on the way to the shower, I did see 8 or so but they were far away and I did not have a camera so you just have to take my word for it.


Drift Creek winds its way slowly to the sea along the north edge of the park.  This kind of scenery made morning walks with Sam worth braving the early morning lows in the high 40's. 


I had to ask about the "Teepee Creepers".  It did not seem like a politically correct kind of name for any group in this day and age.  Apparently, they were a group of Scouts that used this park for outings long ago.  The most recent park owners never got around to removing the sign.


Maybe I walked Sam too far.  He needed a little nap in the morning sun when we got home.  I was fine with him in my lap with my feet snuggled in fluffy down slippers.


No comments:

Post a Comment